Followers

Saturday, April 14, 2007

GTS








Following the Eremophilia trend ,these are the other new additions to the School gardens!




This ones flower isnt out but is a lovely bright yellow bell though without the vivid throat spots!





They are seen very clearly here in this red one! I am really intersted in these plants and hope to grow many in this area. The Mining Hall of Fame in Kalgoorlie is reputed to have the biggest collection of this genis as part of the gardens surrounding the reception area.I was sad to see a number of their specimums were dying or dead when last there.Maybe I can challenge them!

The next one is Kalbarri Carpet, Desert Pride,this variety is so drought tolerant that Ive lost two after thunderstorms! the flowers are a pale yellow lime and not very prominant,blending into the foliage,I rather like this one for the silvery foliage which glows in the moonlight,at least on a Bright night!
Just look at that velvety furry leaf!
This one is one of my favs ,Ive seen a mature bush and it can grow to some size,trimmed though it should look gorgeous.....
This is the picture which sold the bush.....

2 comments:

RUTH said...

What lovely plants.

melissa said...

I had no idea there was so many ...i like that redone .
I have a couple of the purple flower shrubby velvet laeved ones ..they glow in the monlight as well and are so toleratant .
Sorry Ihavent got back to you re the address .its right .
I realised i hadn't sent the swansdown poppy .(stupid )expect a envelope ...you should have mentioned it !!!!