Followers

Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Green Thumb


This my first entry for this Green thumb day,a quick one at that as I should be working on my Resume!!!!!














This is the best this shrub has flowered since I started work here,I cannot recall the name but it is a native and I will find out its real name (I need to buy more anyway,LOL) I have it,what I thought in the first place but didn't know how it was spelt! Calothunus quadrifidus,isn it pretty!!!!!!!!
Its relatively hardy,but one did die from collar rot so I am careful not to water too much and really its established enough anyway!!!
Cheers ....

6 comments:

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

The flowers look like fireworks!

FruitfulSpirit said...

Cathy welcome to the group. That is one really cool plant. I will have to do some research and see if I can grow it here! Love the look of the bloom.

Enjoy your day!

Blossoming Heart Capture

Lifecruiser said...

Warmth welcome to the GTS :-)

Wow! Wonderful flowers and so unique!

I would love to see something like that in this country...

Mrs Lifecruiser

John said...

Glad to see more aussie plants out there, the little garden bed looks great! welcome to GTS!

melissa said...

nice one ... am i right thinking i know it as woolly net bush
i always look at these when i'm shrub buying ..The flower is eye catching .. how do they go in a frost ?? do you even get frost ??Up there.

roybe said...

Another of your beautiful natives, thanks for sharing the botanical name.