Followers

Saturday, November 11, 2006

GTS


I haven't done much in my own yard with work and messy kids,and trying to finish my resume draft.


A firey bottlebrush,in full flower,its a specatular tree,not as prolific in flower as some others but for a reasonablely dull or ugly shade tree,the spring flowers make up for it. I have one in my garden too but I think I may have to wait for a few years to see a flower on it!


This particular Callistemon grows over 4 meters so it would have to be trimmed to size in a smaller yard but on memory this specimim hasn't been trimmed for years except at the base so it has a nice mature shape.Its also fairly slow growing .




Lastly a bush view of our country up away from the salt lakes, in the iron stone ridges, surrounding the town.
The boys are out investigating the local wild life for lizards,the snakes and other animals like dunnarts!


4 comments:

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

"Callistemon"...I just love saying the word lol!
I'm envying your growing season right now. Everything here is dead and dying.
Have a great Sunday!

melissa said...

there's a bottle brush for every one and every yard ...there one of my favourites too ..
like the picture of the boys "hunting".
do you have a talker ...? the one who will not be quiet and scares any "prey " away ..we do !!

LostRoses said...

Lovely bottlebrush, I haven't seen one of those in years. It brought back some memories of one in our yard years ago in Florida. Great pictures!

Stuart said...

Another WA gardener. Great to meet you Cathy and I will be popping in often to see your garden and your outback flowers.

Way to go!!!