Followers

Saturday, January 27, 2007




Heres a bit for this Green Thumb Sunday !

This is a gorgeous varigated hibiscus that I was given by my boss the Registrar at school for my devotion to the gardens there.it could be that I had already given her a huge hydrangea for her verandah of the Federation home she has in KalThe leaves are a motterly green and cream with splashes of pink.The flower was a surprise as a lot of flowers are sacrificed when varigated foliage colour is bred into them.The shrub is in a large self watering pot which I haven't used before am nervous that it will get root rot as i can't tell if fits getting enough moisture even if there is water in the base!

It will placed on the front verandah behind latices to protect it from the sun which I was told will diminish the vibrant colour it has at present.I have noticed it is fading propably becasue its recieving morning sun.Im fast running out of space for shade loving plants as I wait for the verandah and the court yard I hope will materialise in the next few months,most stop spending on plants!



2 comments:

melissa said...

beauitful flower Cathy ..usually when the plant is variageted you lose the flower .as you said ..

Glad to hear you like sugar loaf cabbages .I don't have any seed - am hoping to find some seed tomorrow in Wagga .I hope I can ..their my fav ..sweet and quick and a nice size .

RUTH said...

This photo took my breath away. What a stunning flower. A lovely Green Thum Sunday post.